Sunday 13 April 2014

ROW80 Check-in 13th April 2014

So week one of the round 2 has gone well. I am not at work as it is the Easter holidays but I have been busy with lovely things like lunch dates, dinner dates, cinema dates and a massage! In order to meet the tight deadline for the short story competition My goals for week one were:

1) Complete outline and plot short story.
2) Complete character profiles.
3) Check-in on the Sunday.


Happy to say all three goals get a big, fat tick!

I had the loose plot in my head and managed to get it on paper. I have added to it when little sparks have come to mind, usually when I am driving or in the shower, you know, the most awkward times! I am all packed and we leave for our four day trip to Bruges at 6am tomorrow. I have the guidebook and a notebook packed in my handbag so I can research and scribble to my heart's content. My lovely fiancé has been warned!

So, goals for week 2 are:

1) Research on location.
2) Write first draft.
3) Check-in on Sunday

I love the idea of scribbling notes when I am in a cafe by a canal or right after eating a Belgian waffle to capture the exact taste. I hope to start writing when we are away or on the journey back so hopefully I'll meet my week two goals.

I hope everyone has had a good week and here is to a productive week 2!

E.x

1 comment:

  1. Yay for progress! I hope you get lots of research done in Bruges for your story but most of all, I hope you have fun! Good luck with your goals. :D (And I need to say again, it's sooooo good to have you back online! *tackle hugs*)

    ReplyDelete