Sunday 2 December 2012

ROW80 Check-in 2nd December 2012

I did it!!! I won NaNoWriMo!!!!

I can safely say that I doubted I would do it many times this week and again it was the support of my ROW80 friends who were also doing NaNo and some that weren't but cheered us along that got me there.

My goals were:
1) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
2) Write 1,667 words a day atleast for NaNoWriMo.

So goal 1 - I have read one book in the last two weeks. This is so unlike me it is untrue and I am about to start book number 75. I read 70 books last year so I have done better but with 25 books to read by December 31st I doubt it is possible as I will be moving this month. I just want to see how many I get read and truly I just want to find some time to read as it has slipped out of my life the last month.

Goal 2 - Hooray!!
Here is the breakdown of my week remembering I had got back on track last Sunday;
Monday - 1,639
Tuesday - No writing
Wednesday - 1,745
Thursday - 5,011 words written so I won with 50,152 words!!!
Friday - No writing, just sleeping!

It was a mad week. All my best laid plans of writing double on Monday went to pot because issues came up with my move (again) and had to be dealt with. Tuesday I had to go in to work early and was out in the evening. Wednesday, again I hoped for more but more moving problems *eye twitches* so really it came down to Thursday. I left work and was in by 6pm. Plan was to write from 7 until I finished but again moving issues meant I only sat down at 9 feeling tired and drained. Suddenly lots of my ROW80 friends were a couple of hundred away from winning NaNo and I was nearly 5k behind. I sat and wrote for 2 hours 40 minutes and won!!! It was so motivating, I didn't want to be the only one not to win and I wanted to be in the 'finishing on the 29th' club. I was meant to be away on Friday so I thought I wouldn't be able to write but although these plans changed and it meant I could have had an easier Thursday I am glad it happened the way it happened.

I will so be in for NaNo next year, I just hope it is calmer than this year!!!

I think I need to tweak my goals. I know it is not a great idea to stop writing after NaNo but I think this month I am going to concentrate on reading, my work commitments and moving. I will pick up my WIP in January, hopefully in my new flat and hopefully rested after Christmas.

So my goals are:
1) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
2) Sort/Pack/Move!!

I hope everyone is having a great round!!!






3 comments:

  1. I am so happy we all smashed through those words and kicked NaNo butt! Woot!

    I am putting the writing aside for a bit too. My brain needs a rest. Editing should keep me busy, but I'm not touching any other WIPs until at least the start of the new ROW80 round! :D Good luck with the reading and moving and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing NaNo!
    Bah, 75 books is awesome! I bet you can squeeze 5 more (choose thin ones! hehe) and hit 80 before the year ends ;)
    Happy sorting/packing/moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is such a great accomplishment. And reading all those books . . . WOW!

    All the best with your move. You should post some pics of your new digs.

    Have a wonderful month and all the best for the shiny new year ahead.

    ReplyDelete