Wednesday 5 September 2012

ROW80 Check-in 5th September 2012

As many of you know I went back to work on Monday after a lovely six week holiday. I can tell you it is amazing how overwhelmed and lost you can feel when you haven't been at work that long although I am not complaining!!! I haven't slept because it feels like already there are a million things to do but I am starting to find my feet again. I am posting this on Wednesday morning as I am heading out straight after work with work friends to go for food and to the theatre to see Oliver! On a school night and everything!!!

So here are my goals:
1) Write at least 1000 words five days a week (week total 5,000 words)
2) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.

3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.


Goal 1 has gone well so far. I wrote 1,037 words on Monday and 1,008 on Tuesday so am 2,045 words for the week so far. Five words off the halfway point of this target I just noticed! I won't have time to write today so I am thankful for the 5 day part of this goal! 1,000 words doesn't seem that much after some of the NaNo amounts I had to pull so I hope I can keep up this momentum.

Goal 2 - halfway there!

Goal 3 - I am halfway through a great book at the moment, book number 64 of the year but now I am back at work my coffee with a book time is seriously reduced. Rubbish!!

Goal 4 - lots of time to get this done!!!

So nothing big and flashy but I am getting things done which is what it is all about! Hope you are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the adjustment back to work continue to go well. Super congrats on that gorgeous badge to the right (Camp NaNo winner!!). One of these days I'm going to do that.

    I love the 5,000 words a week goal. I've been struggling to get words on the page. Can't seem to come back from the chaos that was my summer. I'm a creature of habit, so I need to force myself back into the habit of writing.

    I've also been MIA on commenting, but glad to come back by and check in on you. I hope to be more consistent about that.

    ReplyDelete