Wednesday 12 September 2012

ROW80 Check-in 12th September 2012

Ok. I almost don't want to say it in case I jinx it but this week has started off well. Really, really well.

My goals are:
1) Write at least 1000 words five days a week (week total 5,000 words)
2) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.

3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.

Goal 1
I have managed to write for three days in a row and hit the 1000 word target each day too.
Monday - 1,035 words
Tuesday - 1,006 words
Wednesday - 1,002 words.
Words added to WIP so far this week - 3,043!!

It is now at 55,223 words and it is amazing how good it feels to see it going up by so much each day. Today I really didn't want to write but I decided to write for as long as my tea took to cook. In 30 minutes I wrote 1,002 words which proves to me if I sit down and actually write then it doesn't have to take me hours to write 1000 words. I know it won't be that easy every day but it pays to remember that some days can be like that!

Goal 2
One down, one to go!

Goal 3
Finished one book and now reading book 65 of the year. Still behind but doing what I can to read as much as possible.

Goal 4
Waiting to read hte new Marian Keyes book which is out TOMORROW!!!

So all in all things are ticking along nicely. Fingers crossed I keep up my motivation and make my 5,000 word goal this week!!! Hope you are all having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Woot, Em! I'm so happy you're meeting your goals! Yay for 1k words a day!
    No, not everyday will be easy, and not every day you're going to reach your goals, which sucks, but it's true. But the fact that you sit down and try to meet them, is more important than anything else ;)
    Keep it up, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Love those days when the words just ...come to me. :}
    I sure hope this week continues on with as much success and easy writing. Have a great and strong finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're doing well. With just over 1k on Thursday too...
    Hope you enjoy The Mystery of Mercy Close as much as I did - and can't wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete