Wednesday 1 August 2012

ROW80 Check-in 1st August 2012

This post is intended to be a short one as my fingers and brain are tired after my first CampNaNo writing session! August has arrived!!

My goals are:
1) Until 1st August Spend 30 minutes at least a day on preparing for my new WIP.
2) Think of a name for CampNaNo project!
3) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.
4) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
5) Review one book a month.

The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind as the CampNaNo prep has consumed most of my thoughts. I spent about 3 hours on Monday working on plot, characters, trying desperately to decide on a POV and making my WIP notebook which contains all the information I need. I hope!

I am checking in so goal 3 is underway and I have reviewed The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo which can be found here so goal 5 is completed this month!

Now with CampNaNo starting today a goal change is needed. The aim is to write 50,000 words in the month of August which works out at 1,613 words a day. My goals therefore are now:

1) Write atleast 1,613 words a day on new WIP for CampNaNo.
2) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.


Today I have written 2,054 words which is lovely because already it means I am slightly ahead which hopefully will give me some leeway later in the month when I go on holiday. I really struggled to start today. I actually felt oddly queasy! I am not sure why as I have planned as much as I could but I guess taking that first step is hard. I am going to just try and write and not analyse or edit as the most important thing is to get my words down. I have decided to write from a first person point of view, let's hope I don't decide to change POV halfway through!

Hope you are having a great week and I look forward to checking out some check-in later :)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome word count, my friend! I had a slightly scary moment earlier where I opened my Scrievner doc, looked at all the words, freaked the heck out, and closed it again. Hopefully it gets a little easier when I look at it again tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo ohmygoodness. *waves magic wand* Hope everything looks lovely when you get started tonight!

      Delete
  2. HOORAY FOR YOU!! Already starting like a champ..over your word count goal and checked in on the same day. This month is going to be insane, but so much fun. Just think of it as practice for Nano all over NYC :D Have a great rest of the week, darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with CampNaNoWriMo! I'll be seeing you around twitter in-between "camp activities" :) Hope you got your daily words for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you guys talked me into it...I am going to be a Camp Nano Rebel! *tries to take deep breaths before passing out* Great job on your goals and good luck the rest of this week. Hopefully we see each other around the twitter-verse and can do some sprints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let yourself switch! Follow this through to the end and see where it takes you! You might surprise yourself. Best of luck in keeping ahead of your word count. Keep that holiday in mind as you write away!

    ReplyDelete