Wednesday 15 August 2012

ROW80 Check-in 15th August 2012

I got off to a shaky start this week. On Monday I could just not get going. I had no reason not to write in the daytime and spent most of the day feeling bad for not writing. I knew I was behind on my word count for CampNaNo and maybe I was apprehensive about catching up with my words but for some reason I just couldn't get going. I ended up writing in the evening whilst watching a movie with my sister and brother-in-law. Yes I got the writing done and it took hours but I caught up with where I should be for Camp but I kind of missed most of the movie. So yesterday and today have been better. I have written in the morning yesterday and today and I am now ahead of schedule. Big smile!

My goals are:
1) Write at least 1,613 words a day on new WIP for CampNaNo.
2) Two ROW80 check-ins a week no matter how short but sweet they are.
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.

Goal 1 - word counts are:
Monday - 3, 301 words
Tuesday - 1,553 words
Wednesday - 2,069 words

Total so far - 24,652 words!!

Actually, when I look at the word counts I have had a great week!!!! And I am so close to the halfway point on my 50,000 word goal.

My other goals are ticking along. I am checking in, I have read a book this week and am reading book 58 of the year. Still behind there but making progress. I will write a review at some point this month. I will!!

So, so far this week so good! I am however going away to Edinburgh on Saturday until Tuesday which will be great as I have two really, really long train journeys the length of the country so I can do lots of writing whilst I travel. I am not going to be able to take my laptop so I will handwrite and then type up the words when I get back. As I am going up with friends and we only have two days to explore Edinburgh and see as much of the Festival as we can I am not going to write on the Sunday and Monday. This isn't ideal during NaNo but I know I can work around it and the plan (I love a plan!) is to try and write over the word count for the next two days so I won't fall too far behind.

I hope everyone is doing well this week and as I will be in Scotland I won't be checking in on Sunday so goal 2 is suspended for a week but I will be back next Wednesday with hopefully a lovely word count!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Em, what a great word count! You're kicking some serious butt, girl!
    Plans are a must ;)
    Have fun at the Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on top of things!
    I hope your travelling companions understand the compulsion of a writer to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had the opportunity to take a train trip. I would like to do this very much - and I think my boys would love it! Congrats on being right where you need to be for Camp NaNo! Keep up the pace.

    I admire anyone who can write while in front of the television. Sadly, I get distracted. I have to remove myself from other stimuli to focus on my words, the mood of the story, and to hear my own thoughts. Sigh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing great for Camp Nano. Keep it up! I found for NaNo last November that, once I got to this point in the month, and I was more or less on track, that falling behind didn't faze me, as I knew that I had the drive to catch up. Hopefully, though, you can get ahead enough not to lose steam during your trip.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the hoorays!!! You're rocking CampNano, darling! The train trip sounds lovely. (It's like you're going to Hogwarts!!!) Hope you have a wonderful time at the festival :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em! You're doing so well. Camp NaNo is really working for you isn't it.
    Good luck with the rest of the week, and have fun in Edinburgh and at the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing wonderfully well, my friend! Have a great time on the train ride, too - there's nothing that I like better than a long train ride, especially when there's lots of pretty scenery to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A long train ride sounds fantastic! I need to see if there's any way to work one in this fall, even if it's just a big loop from here and back again. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Em, you have had a great week! Just don't forget to take time for yourself and stop every so often and do something which balances your life and energy out. Sometimes we try to hard... sometimes we need a push. You know yourself. Take good care and love your creative pathway.

    Cheers, Cate (ROW80)

    ReplyDelete