Sunday 27 May 2012

ROW80 Check-in 27th May 2012

Ok, not a perfect week but a better week.

My goals are:
1) By 11th of June have a finished first draft of my WIP.
2) Test mile - 250 words a day. (1,750 words in a week)
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge (or as much as I can!).
4) Review one book a month.
Here is how my week has looked.

Monday
Wrote 301 words

Tuesday
Wrote 325 words

Wednesday
Wrore 253 words

Sunday
Wrote 532 words

I am aware there are three days missing but am focusing on the positives! Since I wrote double my word count today let's count that as Thursday's words. I was away with my Unversity friends for the weekend and I could have written on the train so I have no excuse but I had an amazing time in the sun, drinking pimms and putting the world to rights so I am happy.

Word count total is.....1,411! 339 short of my goal but alot more words than previous weeks. I kind of made some sprints but often came in after they had started to just jumped in and made my presence known later! Love the sprints and hope to make some this week.

So goal wise...
1) I am getting there with my WIP and am on track to finish by the 11th of June.

2)  Writing on four days is an improvement but next week I am aiming for seven!

3) I am reading book number 37 but should be finishing book 42 so still ground to make up. After this week I am on a week's break from work so should have lots of reading time although my niece or nephew is due and let's face it, baby cuddling is more important!

4) Book review. Not done yet but still 4 more days of May.

Feeling much more positive this end and thank you so much for all your comments. I really do appreciate them. I hope everyone has had a productive and happy week :)

6 comments:

  1. HOORAY for progress!!! Glad you're getting back on track. I'm trying to do the same this week. *hides* Hope the ending is coming along, and can't wait to hear about the niece or nephew! June is shaping up to be a big month! Have a great week, Secret Agent M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are going to achieve your goal and finish your WIP by 11th June, congrats! Have you chosen a book to review in May? Oh, and I'm following you on Twitter now :) Have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Some great progress here, Em! I'm so glad for you!
    Here's to 7 writing-days next week! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're making steady progress! The end of June? Wow! You're almost there, Em! :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! Great job Em! You can do it, the writing every day, I just know it! :) And of course we will be here to cheer you on! (or check out that #teamsprinty pinterest board. There is some awesome motivation there, though I tend to stare and drool sometimes!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, progress is progress. Have to build up the writing muscles - just like physical exercise the creative engine has to be built a bit at a time. Keep pressing at it and in no time you'll be looking back and now and wondering how you have gone so far beyond what used to be possible. Have a great week, Em :)

    ReplyDelete