Sunday 8 April 2012

ROW80 Check-in 8th April 2012

Slowly but surely I am getting there. Small steps seem to be getting me somewhere!

Recap of my goals.
1) By end of the round have a finished first draft of my WIP. 
2) Test mile - 250 words a day. (1,750 words in a week)
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge. 
4) Review one book a month. 
5) Exercise twice a week. 


Obviously goal 1 is a long term goal but I am several steps closer to finishing my WIP. Similar for goal 4 as I am not sure if I am going to review the book I am currently reading or not but this will happen in the next few weeks.


So, weekly goals.


Goal 2 - Tuesday = 509 words, Wednesday = 258 words, Thursday = 283 words, Friday = 272 words and today 504 words as I know I will have limited time to write tomorrow if any time at all. So test mile is done and dusted and I have written 1, 826 words this week. Big smile and contented sigh. 


Goal 3 - One book read, read half of the second one and I guess technically I have until the end of Sunday for this one! I doubt I will get it finished but I am enjoying the book and that is what counts.


Goal 5 (the one I dread) - I have been to Aqua Aerobics twice this week so this one gets a big fat tick! This is so much easier as I am not at work and at my parents as there is no aqua aerobics classes in my town so I will have to have a think about how I am going to meet this goal when I am back to work.


It feels so good to be getting somewhere with my writing and my exercise even though they are baby steps. I am feeling more organised which always helps e.g. I realised I am out all day Sunday at a Family Easter get together so I wrote double on Saturday. By realising this and actually being in control gives me a lovely satisfied feeling. Fingers crossed week two is as successful as week one! I hope everyone else has found their goals are working for them. Week two, here we go!!

11 comments:

  1. Great job this week, Em. You got the exercise goal, woohoo! I tend to exercise right at the end of my work day, sort of a transition between the two halves of my life (and it also burns off any frustration from the day - "clears the mind").

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Em! Be very proud of yourself - great accomplishments this week :) And extra kudos to you for making exercise a priority. Keep up this great pace and you'll no doubt make every single one of your round 2 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the satisfaction I can 'read' in your post at having taken control and earned success! Here's to another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Em! I really enjoyed the first round of ROW80, and find it's a great way to stay focused on achievable goals... Wishing you a fun and productive week, and looking forward to following up on your next check-in!

    Cheers,
    Edward
    http://read-write-listen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Em. You're already off to a great start. :) Lets ROW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Em!
    Hope all weeks are like this one (or better!) hehe
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you're doing really well. I've been sick this weekend so missed the check in :( I'm stopping by to tell you I'm passing on an award to you - please stop by to collect it and have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You are really killing your goals Em! I think you are doing wonderful! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOT! Great progress so far Em! *throws glitter and confetti!* Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby steps are DEFINITLY the way forward. Today I got 5x more than my 100 goal - woop! Doubt I would have even started if I had a 500 word goal.
    You're doing really well, keep up with it (although I know you will without any encouragement from me, or anyone else - not that we're going to stop!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress! Water aerobics sounds fun :) Keep it up.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete