Sunday 15 April 2012

ROW80 Check-in 15th April 2012

Week two complete and all weekly goals met! Hooray!


Recap of my goals.
1) By end of the round have a finished first draft of my WIP. 
2) Test mile - 250 words a day. (1,750 words in a week)
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge. 
4) Review one book a month. 
5) Exercise twice a week.   


Here is how my week since Wednesday has gone.


Thursday
260 words written
One hour Aqua Aerobics


Friday
286 words written


Saturday
274 words written
10 minutes frantic hoovering (not counting as an exercise but a mini exercise!)


Sunday
266 words written
15 minutes walk (half uphill!)


So goals 2 and 5 ticked off. I have read more than two books this week which is great and I have loved having lots of reading time. I think I am still a couple of books behind where I should be at this point in the year in relation to the 100 book challenge but there is still lots of this year left!
I have decided I am going to review the book I am currently reading - About Last Night by Adele Parks. I am near the end so if I push on I could get this done this week or if not next weekend. I am really enjoying it and am looking forward to seeing how it pans out but I won't say any more now and will keep it for the review!


I feel I am closing in on the end of the WIP which is exciting but terrifying at the same time! I have been writing in a notepad with a pen rather than typing for the last few weeks. I'm not sure why, it just felt right so this will all have to be typed up at some point. The nagging doubts are settling in about whether any of it is any good at all but I am pushing the self-doubt to one side and just ploughing on. I will be back at work tomorrow so my routine will change but hopefully I will be able to join in with some #row80 sprints!


I hope everyone has had a good week :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow LOOK AT YOU GO!!! Great job Em - on everything :) Your word count is steady, you're making time to read, you've got exercise in there, and you've almost completed WIP! I love to write by hand. I write most of my short stories by hand. I get into a wonderful flow that way.

    Keep up the great week - and take time out to pat yourself on the back and reward yourself! You're back on track and a force to be reckoned with! SO PROUD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steady progress is awesome, Em! Thanks for the Sunshine award btw, too! I'll be responding soon!

    Doubts creep up on me, too, especially as I near the point of letting others read my work. Don't give them much attention. :} Just think, soon you'll put up a post that broadcasts, "Last. Word. Written."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress, Em!
    I think every writer has doubts about his/her work, even seasoned ones. It's part of the game, I guess.
    And, this is a first draft. You can always make it better in revisions, if needed ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never let doubts interfere with getting the words down on paper (or on the screen), Em. There will be plenty of time for revisions and reworking later, but first you have to have a story. You're doing amazing, btw. Never doubt that.

    Enjoy the writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great Em! And omg YAY for your WIP nearing completion--how exciting! Thanks so much for the Sunshine award and 7 Facts Tag--once I finish this paper for class this week I will be responding! (I was so excited when I got your direct message on twitter, I actually squealed! :) ) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress :D I'm write there with you on counting cleaning as exercise, it really can be! Keep going strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really should count hoovering as exercise, vacuuming could be considered a full contact sport - Olympic-grade dependent on the vacuum and area covered. Just sayin'.

    Great progress and good to see you calm and relaxed. Have a fantastic week, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! I'm totally envying your consistent word counts. Good luck wrapping up the WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, darling!! You're staying right on top of things. I'm still 5 books behind on the reading goal, but like you, I am not worried. At least this is something we like to do LOL. On a side note, I read hoovering as hovering the first time and was trying to figure out what happened that would be so intense as to count hovering as exercise :D Keep up the good work, and have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete