Wednesday 11 April 2012

ROW80 Check-in 11th April 2012

I am once again writing the check-in the night before it is due as tomorrow is another busy day and I might not get to it. Organised and in control! Fingers crossed I remember to post it in the morning.

Recap of my goals.
1) By end of the round have a finished first draft of my WIP. 
2) Test mile - 250 words a day. (1,750 words in a week)
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge. 
4) Review one book a month. 
5) Exercise twice a week.  


Writing this week has gone well.


Monday  - 299 words
Tuesday - 553 words (to count as Wednesday words too).


So writing wise I am on track. My manageable test mile is still working it's magic. I am edging closer to the end of my WIP and I wrote a horrible fight scene earlier that was hard but quite satisfying!!! 


I finished reading my 26th and 27th books of the year so am making up some reading ground but exercise has not been easy due to the Easter weekend meaning the pool was closed on Monday. I am going to Aqua Aerobics on Thursday though and maybe a walk would be a good option this week.


So slow but steady progress.


I had two lovely pieces of writing related news this week. The lovely Shah passed me the Sunshine Award which I will pass on to fellow bloggers asap and there are some questions I need to answer. I was also tagged by Juliana in 'The 7 facts tag' which requires me to reveal 7 factors about myself and then tag fellow writers. I am going to follow her lead and reveal 7 writing related facts. I plan to post about both these things on Thursday so please drop back and have a look :)


I hope everyone is having a great, productive week!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making good progress! Stick with it, and congrats on your Blog awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so smart to write your post and get it up the night before. I try to be at least one check-in ahead, too. It doesn't always work out, but it's a good goal.
    Fight scenes can be trying. I know in my first book, Claiming The Prize, it was difficult to record the actions of both fighters without being confusing. In the end, though, it was extremely satisfying. In my first book, the fight scenes may have been my best writing...ha!
    See you later in the week....I'm wondering what your seven facts will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on on those goals eihn!
    And you still have the other half of the week to work on exercise ;)
    Can't wait for your post on Thursday! hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work on those goals! I schedule my Wed check-ins on Sunday so I don't have to worry about it during the week, as life tends to explode on the weekdays.

    Also? I love writing fight scenes. They're always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job so far, Em! Glad the slow but steady approach is proving successful. LOL at "organized and in control"...I'm sooo picturing you chanting that to yourself as you write hehehe. CAN'T WAIT for Thursday :D I tease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping in to say great going! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your goals!! I got NOTHING done this past week!! Maybe you'll rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Em! I'm glad your test mile is working out for you! My word count goal is exactly the same. I figure slow but steady will keep me going. Too much and I'll burn out.

    I hope you have great success for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Em! Keep up the fab work :) RAH RAH RAH!

    ReplyDelete