Wednesday 14 March 2012

ROW80 Check-in 14th March 2012

Firstly a big thank you for everyone's helpful and lovely comments. It is so nice in this great ROW80 group that no-one judges and everyone welcomes you back with open arms. I really appreciate it. :)

Now I actually have some progress to report!

After posting on Sunday I read through the last five chapters I wrote of my book and decided as Gene suggested (thanks Gene!) that on Monday I would re-read the last chapter and just write not plan. I managed 157 words before work on Monday and was at a friend's overnight so didn't manage any more words that day.

Yesterday I managed to jump in for a tiny bit of the sprint on #ROW80 on twitter and wrote 253 words and then a further 107 to make up for words not written on Monday. So by end of Tuesday I had 517 words. Today I have written 346 words so so far this week I have written 863 words. Progress my friends, progress. I haven't been able to join in with many sprints due to the time change in some parts of the world as I am not often in at 6pm but in a few weeks when my clocks change I should be able to join in more.

The biggest problem I am finding is I keep forgetting to write in first person. As I have mentioned the first 50,000 words of my WIP are in third person and then I decided it would work better in first so from that point on wrote in first. All I can think is that I was out of practise so I am not surprised that on Monday I wrote in third, yesterday I wrote in third and today I started in first and ended in third. Editing is going to be hideous impossible ugly awful hilarious! I have been writing with good old fashioned pen and paper so I will try and deal with the tense issue when I type the words up. Need a big sign above my desk saying 'REMEMBER TO WRITE IN FIRST PERSON!'

On Sunday I made some notes for my Hunger Games review and I am going to try and not spoil anything for anyone...hope I can be that clever! I have been reading bits and pieces and am in the middle of a Tess Gerritsen novel which I am enjoying.

So I am getting there, slowly but surely. Fingers crossed I can keep up my simple goals. Hope everyone is having a great week and see you Sunday :)

4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with slow but sure progress...it's still progress! Keep it up, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl! Look at you shooting out those numbers all over the place - way to go :) Slowly but surely is just fine - go with the pace that is allowing you to get words down and not stress that you aren't doing enough.

    You're moving forward. You're not stuck. You're not going backwards. That's total progress! Keep on that path of uber awesomeness!! Proud of you honey!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Editing will be fun, but the key is to get the words down. If you don't, there will be nothing to edit. I need a sign that says "Write, don't edit"... too often, I'm rewriting as I'm going instead of letting the writing take me away.

    Great progress on your words. Just keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great with your words--every little bit counts and you are getting a whole bunch down!! Good luck the rest of the week and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete