Wednesday 18 January 2012

ROW80 Check-in 18th January 2012

Quick recap of my goals:
1) Do 30 minutes of something writing related each day.
2) Test mile - 250 words a day
3) Read two books a week for 100+ reading challenge.

4) Review one book a month (DONE FOR THIS MONTH!)
5) Exercise twice a week.
Things have felt calmer this week (famous last words!) and I feel writing is becoming part of my daily schedule. I managed to join in with half the sprint on the ROW80 hashtag and I forgot how much I love writing alongside others even though I only took part for the first 30 minutes. I will try to make 7pm (my time) my writing time so I can write with my fellow ROW80ers more often.

Here is how the week has looked:

Monday:
30 minutes writing WIP (during sprint) 1036 words

Tuesday:
30 minutes writing WIP 846 words

Wednesday:
One hour dance class.

I haven't managed to do any writing today as it has been one of those days and the dance class eats into my evening time so I will make up the half an hour over the next few days. I found the dance class much harder tonight, I don't know why. I tend to withdraw from situations which make me feel unfit and uncomfortable but I am determined to see it through as it is only by going that I can get better!
I posted my first review on Sunday just before my ROW80 check-in and thank you for all your kind comments. I wanted to be very careful not to spoil the book for anyone and am glad people seemed to like it! I have read 6 books this year so far so I have made a good start with the read 100+ books in a year.

Plan for rest of the week is to keep writing more of my WIP and make up the 30 minutes of writing I didn't do today. It is nice to sit down and write for 30 minutes on my WIP instead of plotting and doing bits and pieces. I am happy with the direction things are going in but the cloud of editing is hanging over me. Think it will need alot of work but for now I am happy to keep plodding forward!

Hope everyone is having great weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're doing pretty well. Dance/Life can get in the way but that point is you're trying to meet your goals regardless. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 books already? Wow! You're really going for that challenge. Nice ;)
    The rest is going well too, I see. Good job, Em. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic miss superstar - and 6 books read so far this year - I'm jealous! Congrats on your progress with writing. And I love to dance - how fun that you are taking a class! Keep up the uber awesomeness that is you!

    *hugs*
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep writing! Don't even think about the editing now...enjoy the flow of words. Great job on reading 6 books so far and keeping up on writing each day. Here's hoping the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great Em! Love doing the writing sprints with the ROWers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done being so positive about the dancing - I hope you continue to love it! YOu know also, you've got so many readers that will berate you if you stop going ;-)

    ReplyDelete