Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday 25th September - Tiny little update

I said I would continue to check-in on sundays and wednesdays between ROW 80 rounds so I keep the habit. What astonishes me is that I am so out of it in terms of dates I didn't realise there is only a week between rounds! Ha! I thought there was atleast two or three! Oh well...atleast I noticed!

In terms of writing I haven't written anything but have been reading murder mysteries and also watching murder mystery programmes/films to inspire me. I have been away all weekend on a hen weekend and had an amazing time and even managed to have some clever thoughts about my characters on the train on the way home today which I have stored in my phone. I hope they still seem clever after some sleep!

This week is going to be all about settling on my round 4 goals and also thinking about how I can incorporate NaNo into them. I think for the month of October my goals need to be research/plotting based and once November 1st hits I need to change my goal to simply writing 1,666 (or more!) words a day!

Hopefully by Wednesday I will have done some work on getting my initial plot ideas down as at the moment they are in my head and saved on my blackberry!

Hope everyone is enjoying the mini 'break' between rounds and have great weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how exhaustion makes us more clever and sleep less so? Well, sometimes anyway. I know there are quite a few writers out there that do their best creative work early in the morning while still have in dream land. I have a ton of notes on my phone as well, just wish they were better organized!

    Have a great break, Em, and see you in Round 4 (and NaNo) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe the in the 'break' between rounds, I'm doing loads of writing. I think I've got 1.5k so far.
    I'm back for Round 4, and I guess I'll be doing NaNo too (I think) so hopefully see you every Wed and Sunday - if not more. I've still no internet at home, but I'm going to try to get in more blogging, commenting and tweeting than I did in this round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about trying to slowly get back into the swing of daily writing (I haven't done anything since August!), and slowly building back up to 1666 throughout October. It's a little scary, but I'm glad we're doing this together!

    ReplyDelete